It is a standard that has complete guidance for self-assessment of the welding process or system. The main objective of self-assessment is to prevent the occurrence & reoccurrence of quality issues related to the welding process for continual quality improvement
Current edition 2nd published in Oct 2019 by AIAG.
- • Introduction and Overview
- • Assessment procedure of Welding system
- • Assessor Requirements
- • SECTION 1: Management Responsibility and Quality Planning
- • SECTION 2: Floor and Material Handling Responsibility
- • SECTION 3: Equipment Handling
- • SECTION 4: Tooling/Fixturing
- • SECTION 5: Process Controls
- • SECTION 6: process & Product Audit
- • Process Requirement Tables given as below:
- • Injection Moulding
- • Blow Moulding
- • Vaccum forming
- • Compression Moulding
- • Transfer Moulding(thermoset Materials)
- • Extrusion Process
- • Equipment -process control & testing equipment
- • Understand the scope of the Welding System Assessment
- • Prepare to conduct an assessment of a welding system in order to ensure it provides for continual improvement, emphasizing defect prevention and reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain.
All team members involved in the welding management system would benefit from this seminar.
Experience in the assessment of welding management systems would be beneficial.