It is a standard having complete guidelines for self-assessment of the plastic molding process.
The main objective of the assessment is to prevent the occurrence or reoccurrence of quality issues related to plastic injection molded parts for continual quality improvement.
1st edition in Mar 2014 by AIAG with help of Ford Motor.
- • Introduction and Overview
- • Assessment of Molding process
- • Assessor Requirements
- • SECTION 1: Management Responsibility and Quality Planning
- • SECTION 2: Floor and Material Handling Responsibility
- • SECTION 3: Process Audit
Process Requirement Tables are given below:
- • Injection Moulding
- • Blow Moulding
- • Vacuum forming
- • Compression Moulding
- • Transfer Moulding (thermoset Materials)
- • Extrusion Process
- • Equipment - process control & testing equipment
- • Understand the scope of the Molding System Assessment
- • Prepare to conduct an assessment of a molding system in order to ensure it provides for continual improvement, emphasizing defect prevention and reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain.
All team members involved in the molding management system would benefit from this seminar.
Experience in the assessment of molding management systems would be an advantage