The Effective Business Writing Training focus on providing the business writer who has some usage problems with the instruction to make his or her writing clear, effective, and correct. Business people with many basic writing skills problems should take the Basic Writing Skills course. It is designed with individual contributors, staff assistants, team leaders, supervisors, managers and executives in mind. Anyone who wishes to create more professional, effective written communications will benefit greatly from this course, as will those who desire to boost productivity and improve the impact of their writing on clients and coworkers.
This highly interactive one-day workshop is designed to help the business communicator improve writing skills such as preparation, organization, understanding the needs of the reader, avoiding common grammar and spelling mistakes, and basic editing.
- Prepare the Information
- Organize the Writing
- Introduce the Content
- Write a Clear Document
- Write Clear, Complete Explanations
- Write a Conclusion with Impact
- Write Clear, Effective Sentences, Paragraphs, and Words
- Prepare a Polished, Correct Final Draft
- Understand the three levels of communication
- Apply the five-step PRIDE method to create effective written communications
- Learn how to write a clear purpose statement
- Determine means to communicate effectively
- Learn about behavioral styles and how they affect communication
- Review important skills relating to grammar and composition
- Practice new skills in reports, memos, e-mail, and letters
- Choose the resources needed to deliver an effective message
- Learn strategies for effective editing
- Critique their own writing style
Who should attend?
- Business communicator
- Anyone who wishes to create more professional, effective written communications
- staff assistants, team leaders, supervisors, managers and executives