Problem solving is of crucial importance production or processing, when products or processes fail, so corrective action can be taken to prevent further failures. Perhaps of more value, problem solving can be applied to a product or process prior to an actual fail event ie. a potential problem can be predicted, analyzed and mitigation applied so the problem never actually occurs.
Problem solving and decision-making are important skills for business and life. Problem-solving often involves decision-making, and decision-making is especially important for management and leadership. There are processes and techniques to improve decision-making and the quality of decisions.
- Problem Solving – Appreciation
- Key Approaches to Problem Solving
- Problem Solving Process (8 D’s)
- Defining Problem
- Developing Interim Containment Action
- 5 Whys
- Problem Solving Tools
- Cause & Effect
- Pareto Chart
- Flow Chart
- Check Sheet
- Scatter Diagram
- Defining & Verifying Root Cause & Escape Point
- Verification of Root Cause
- Generating Potential Solution (C&P Action)
- Implementing Solution
- Evaluating Solution (Verification & Validation of C&P Action)
- Improvement of product and processes
- Cost and time reduction
- Increased profitability
- Increased productivity
- Better teamwork
- Involved & responsible workforce
Who should attend?
- Managers who are responsible for key processes
- Employees who are involved in delivering the processes and products.