If a company is certified as an EFB (Entsorgungsfachbetrieb – company specialized in waste disposal), fulfillment of the following requirements placed in a stringent rating system is documented and made traceable for the client: reliability of the service, training of the personnel and compliance with all legal requirements.
- The EFB’s voluntary quality review means safety and certainty – for the clients, the waste disposal companies themselves, the public and the environment.
- Certification is done on a voluntary basis and thus is voluntary self-commitment of trade and industry, which does not necessitate any legal basis.
Motivation and benefits
- legal certainty;
- increase of competitiveness;
- long-term securing of the business activities;
- increase of customer satisfaction;
- possibility of integrated audits combining ISO 9001, ISO 14001, the EMAS Regulation and SCC;
- acknowledging professional waste treatment;
- ingoing documentation of quality;
- optimization of processes and operations;
- use of the EFB Logo as a quality seal
Quality review which the waste disposal company undergoes is based on the following requirements that need to be met and thus form the basis for certification:
- requirements placed on the structure;
- requirements placed on human resources;
- maintaining a diary;
- ensuring insurance protection;
- requirements relating to the activities;
- requirements placed on the company owner;
- requirements placed on the persons responsible for managing and supervising operations;
- requirements placed on the other employees;
- requirements placed on further training